Conley Group Professionals
Conley Group is a full-service professional architectural engineering consulting firm. We have a staff of 40+ employees, including licensed Architects, Engineers, Consultants (Roof & Wall), Quality Assurance Inspectors, CADD Designers, and other support personnel. Our professionals bring an extensive knowledge of LEED, USGBC, ABAA, ASTM, NRCA, IBC, RCI practice standards as well as technical knowledge of envelope system composition and performance history. Conley staff has performed evaluation, design, and management on thousands of roofing and waterproofing projects, representing over $1 billion in completed construction value.
Bill Conley, RWC
Principal Assignment: Principal-in-Charge
Employer: Conley Group
Experience: With this Firm: 25 Years
With Other Firms: 12 Years
Registration: 1980/Construction Specifications Institute (CSI); 1988/Roof Consultants Institute *RCI Design Competition Award-1997, 1998, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2007, Registered Waterproofing Consultant (#007)
Mr. Bill Conley is the Founder and President of Conley Group, Inc., a full-service architectural consulting firm based in Irving, TX. He has over 35 years’ experience in all phases of building envelope design, renovation and repair as consultant and project manager major roofing and waterproofing projects worldwide.
Mr. Conley has performed condition assessments and forensic testing on over 90,000,000 SF of roof systems. He has successfully planned, designed, managed and delivered over 450 projects totaling over $350M in construction value in 31 states and 11 foreign countries. Mr. Conley has been an active member of the Roof Consultants Institute since 1988; having served on the RWC Exam Development Committee.
In 2007, Mr. Conley was certified in the first class of Registered Waterproofing Consultants in the country. He has served as a member of the General Motors Corporate Roofing Program Advisory Committee, and the Firestone and John Manville Consultant Advisory Councils. He is knowledgeable in the design and maintenance of roofing, exterior wall and building waterproofing systems; including their suitability and long-term use on all types of structures and facilities. He currently serves as the Professional Director of the North Texas Chapter of RCI. Mr. Conley has developed and managed ten (10) Roof Asset Management Programs involving over 1600 facilities, 90M SF of existing roof systems with over $1.1B in asset value since 1989.
Major Program Experience:
- General Motors Worldwide Facilities – Roof Asset Management Program – Assisted the General Motors Plant engineering staff in the development of a corporate roofing program and project involvement for inspection, design, and management for over fifteen years on over fifty facilities worldwide.
- AT&T – Roof Infrastructure Management Program – Roof Program Consultant assisting Client’s architectural managers in the development and implementation of roof infrastructure management program covering over 600 telephone facilities throughout Texas. Roof construction and maintenance budgets averaging $5.2 million during 1990 – 2006. Mr. Conley was responsible for planning, needs assessment, design and construction administration services on over 470 projects at Southwestern Bell facilities.
- U.S. Department of State, Worldwide Building Envelope Evaluation Program – Contract Administrator/Project Manager. Conley Group managed Indefinite Quantity / Indefinite Delivery Contract for A/E Roofing and Waterproofing Services. Design and managed roof renovation projects at US Embassies in Montevideo, Uruguay and Quito, Ecuador.
- Philip Morris USA – Responsible for development of of Corporate Roofing Program in 2000 and over $30 million in construction value to systematically restore failed roofing systems, including an on-going roof repair/emergency response program, involving thirty plus buildings and over 6 million square feet of roofing.
- Kellogg – Principal over Conley’s selection as Corporate Roofing Consultant initial facility inspection on forty plants worldwide, development of database, annual capital forecasts and on-going projects for roof repair/replacement since 2004.
- Condition Assessment and Roof Asset Program on over 400,000,000 SF of roof systems on all types of commercial, industrial and institutional facilities’ in 31 states and 11 countries.
Ken Paar, RA, AIA
Employer: Conley Group, Inc.
Experience with Conley Group: 18 Years
With Other Firms: 15 Years
Education: BS, Architecture – 1975, University of Texas at Arlington
Registration: Licensed Architect – Texas, LEED AP
Professional Affiliations: AIA, TSA, Texas – 1998, Board Member of AIA Regional Building Envelope Committee
Mr. Ken Paar’s experience is founded in the assignment, design and installation of wall systems, with considerable expertise related to the design and maintenance of watertight integrity. As a Registered Architect, he provides a one-stop program/project management capability for multi-disciplined projects involving exteriors, interiors, structural, MEP and environmental issues. Another developed specialty is successful project efforts with historical facilities restoration including preparation of restoration master plans, coordination with regulatory agencies, and historic preservation design.
Project Experience Includes:
- Texas A&M University Veterinarian Research Tower Building, Wall System Evaluation, College Station, TX – Evaluation of multiple components of wall systems, including masonry, windows, storefront and skylights.
- Texas A&M University Soil and Crop Sciences (Heep) Building, Building Envelope Condition Assessment Report, College Station, TX – Evaluation of all building envelope systems for determination of water infiltration issues.
- Texas A&M University Horticulture and Science Building Sloped Glazing Renovation, College Station, TX – Evaluation and remedial design of masonry and sloped glazing systems.
- Dallas/Fort-Worth International Airport, Terminal D – DFW Airport, TX – Design and technical support for roofing and waterproofing systems for new terminal facilities including terminal, hotel, garage and sky bridge.
- General Services Administration Federal Building, Oklahoma City, OK – Window replacement and masonry restoration, $1,200,000 construction.
- City of Dallas Union Station, Dallas, TX – Restoration Master Plan developed for historical building, as well as Phase I Exterior Restoration Design, valued at $1.9 million in construction cost.
- City of Dallas City Hall, Dallas, TX – Roof, wall and Plaza Evaluation, remedial and replacement design, bid services and construction administration on this high profile, multi-phased project.
- Gables Residential Uptown Tower Assessment, Dallas, TX – Evaluation and remedial design support on a twenty-story residential tower with considerable masonry issues.
- General Services Administration 123 Fourth Street, Federal Building, Albuquerque, NM – Tile roof and stucco masonry restoration on historically significant facility, $750,000 construction value.
- US Post Office & Courthouse, Little Rock, AR – Roof and masonry restoration, $750,000 construction value.
- General Services Administration Murrah Federal Office Building, Oklahoma City, OK – Curtain wall replacement, pre-cast repairs, skylight renovations, $1,000,000 construction value.
- Texas Commerce Bank, Austin, TX – Limestone wall restoration, $500,000 construction value.
- Adolphus Hotel, Dallas, TX– Evaluation remedial design and administration on historical restoration of downtown facility. Masonry and ornamental belt-course restoration/repair of anchor system.
- Clines Landing Condominiums, Port Aransas, TX – Brick masonry wall renovation, $2,500,000 construction value.
- Herbert Federal Building, New Orleans, LA – Historical masonry restoration, $1,200,000 construction value.
Ron Rapacz, AIA, NCARB
Assignment: Sr. Architect/Project Manager
Employer: Conley Group
Experience With this Firm: 2 Years
With Other Firms:13 Years
Education:Bachelor of Science, Architectural Sciences, University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, Illinois; Architectural Program, AIA TEXAS – Arch. Lic. #8397
As an Architect, Project Director or Project Manager, Mr. Rapacz has successfully provides administrative management services for project development including project management, project design, documentation development and construction management, with expert skills in design management and value engineering. Mr. Rapacz’s responsibilities include architectural design, engineering, construction, procurement, roof and wall database development and management, new build and renovation of facilities with the ability to marshal resources and streamlines processes to consistently complete projects on time and within budget.
Major Projects Experience:
- 106 Harwood – Dallas Old Municipal Building – Waterproofing & Restoration
- GF&F – Belmont Townhomes – Plan Review & Evaluation
- GF&F – BES Consulting – Block 206 Apartment – Plan Review & Evaluation
- American Airlines – Account Manager
- American Airlines – Hanger 2 – Reroofing Documentation and Construction Management
- DFW – Account Manager
- DFW – Hail Damage Survey and Cost Analysis
- DFW – LiveWell Center – Reroofing Documentation and Construction Management
- DFW – Business Center South – Reroofing Documentation and Construction Management
- DFW – Business Center North – Reroofing Documentation Review and Construction Management
- DFW – North & South Remote Parking – Close-Out
- Maxium Integrated Products – Roof Evaluation and Report
- Kellogg’s – Omaha Plant – Roof Areas C, P, P1 & P2 – Site Investigation Support
- HealthCare MacArthur Roof Evaluation Services (In Process)
- Austin College in Sherman – Construction Phase Support Services (In Process)
- DFW – Building Wall Database Management & Update
- DFW – Building Roof Management & Update (In Process)
- DFW – DPS Fire Station #5 Waterproofing Investigation, Documentation & Construction Management (In Process)